Friday, August 24, 2012

Peek at the Week - August 20th


Peek at the Week - The Week of August 20th

Happy weekend my lovelies!


Sunday is L.A.'s first ever Fried Chicken Fest, I curse my diet! 





I swapped out my regular coffee for this Espresso Blend at Trader Joe's, mixed with Almond Milk and Stevia, I am quite in love. 




I've been keeping my eye on the new Charm City Cakes on Melrose Avenue for quite a while now and this morning, it was bustling. Opened about six weeks ago, the Baltimore bakery by chef Duff Goldman, opened shop on the west coast making the same outrageous cakes that one sees on the Food Network's Ace of Cakes but also, something new. Something very exciting, something that I can't wait to plan a girl's night out for: Cakemix, the Color Me Mine of cakes. Decorate your own cake with choices of a 6-inch or 9-inch round cake ($36- $52), in flavors of red velvet, marbled chocolate with vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, carrot or a special of the week filled with frosting flavors of vanilla, chocolate, cream cheese, or the special of the week. Then decorate! 




pop-up dinner!

 Pop-Up Dinner L.A., is throwing L.A.'s inaugural mass picnic at a secret location in Los Angeles on Saturday night, 5-11.  The location will be revealed through e-mail hours before the event. All white attire is required and guests have the choice to bring along their own tableware, food and beverages, or have a catered meal from a local chef. 
Tickets are:  $28 for the meal $78



Dating back for 50 years, the Manhattan Beach Pro Volleyball Series is this weekend. This event is primo for sports lovers, pro people watchers and partiers alike.  The event will be all weekend, Sunday will be the Semi-finals and finals located just south of the Manhattan Beach Pier and tickets are FREE.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends! 







No comments:

Post a Comment